Preston Motors Pty Ltd and its dealerships and subsidiaries ("PM Group", "we" or "us")) are bound by the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles is available on the website of the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at http://www.oaic.gov.au.
This policy sets out how we collect, use, store and disclose personal information. By providing us with your personal information, you consent to us collecting, using, storing and disclosing the personal information in accordance with this policy.
- Porsche Centre Brighton https://porschebrighton.com.au/Privacy-Policy
- Porsche Centre Doncaster https://porschedoncaster.com.au/Privacy-Policy
- Chadstone Ford https://chadstoneford.com.au/privacy-policy
- Chadstone Hyundai https://www.chadstonehyundai.com.au/privacy-policy
- Central Ford https://www.centralford.com.au/privacy-policy
- Essendon Holden https://www.essendonholden.com.au/PrivacyPolicy
- New Age Melbourne https://newagecaravansmelbourne.com.au/privacy-policy
- Leongatha Toyota https://www.leongathatoyota.com.au/privacy/
- Leongatha Ford https://www.leongathaford.com.au/privacy/
- Leongatha Honda https://www.leongathahondamotorcycles.com.au/privacy/
- Leongatha Mitsubishi https://leongathamitsubishi.com.au/privacy-policy
- Wonthaggi Holden https://www.wonthaggiholden.com.au/PrivacyPolicy
- Wonthaggi Toyota https://www.wonthaggitoyota.com.au/privacy-policy/
COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable. PM Group may collect personal information about you. Examples include your name, address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, driver's licence details, date of birth, your vehicle's vehicle identification number, registration date and registration number, credit card details, bank details, finance and insurance details and other information you provide to us.
We may collect personal information from an individual who provides information to us when enquiring about a product or service; when purchasing a product or service; when completing a vehicle test drive; when visiting the websites operated by us and during any recruitment process. We may also collect personal information if you enter a competition or promotion run by us or we receive referrals from third parties.
PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to keep your personal information secure to protect it from misuse, loss, unauthorized access or disclosure. We store personal information on our servers and the servers of third parties who provide us with services (including providers of data storage, dealership management, IT, legal, marketing, software-as-a-service and website services) . We endeavor to ensure that only authorised people who need to have access to this information to perform their job functions are able to access or utilize this information.
If we transfer your personal information outside Australia, we will comply with the requirements of the Privacy Act that relate to trans-border data flows. Personal information which is no longer required will be de-identified or destroyed in accordance with the guidelines of the Information Commissioner.
USING PERSONAL INFORMATION
We use your personal information for the purpose of your dealings with us or to conduct our business. These purposes include to:
- verify your identity
- supply products (including new and used cars and vehicle parts and accessories) and services (including carrying out vehicle repairs and servicing)
- administer and manage our services, including charging, billing, payment processing and collecting debts
- marketing our products and services and providing details of special offers
- survey our customers on a range of issues, including customer satisfaction with new vehicles and our services
- respond to queries from our customers about the products or services we offer
- consider applications for credit
- provide information to our finance and insurance providers
- provide you with warranty information and administer warranty claims
- arrange for products and services to be supplied to our customers by third parties where appropriate (including our sub-contractors, other dealerships, roadside assistance providers and vehicle repairers)
- arrange for vehicle registration
- develop our products and services, analyse customer needs and develop customer strategies
- comply with legal requirements and make or defend legal claims
We may also use your personal information for any other purpose for which you have consented. We use information provided to us by job applicants to consider their applications for employment and may provide this information to third parties who assist us in the selection and recruitment process,
WITH WHOM DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and to the manufacturers of the vehicles we sell to enable us to conduct our business and provide products and services to you.
Other third parties with whom we may share your personal information include:
- providers of services that we arrange to be provided to you (including sub-contractors, other dealerships, roadside assistance providers and vehicle repairers)
- organisations that provide services to us to enable us to conduct our business (such as providers of data storage, dealership management, IT, legal, marketing software-as-a-service and website services)
- credit and insurance providers
- vehicle registration authorities
- financial institutions for payment processing
- guarantors whose details you provide to us
- government agencies (such as the Australian Financial Security Authority, who administers the Personal Property Securities Register, to check whether there is a security interest over a vehicle you trade in)
Under certain circumstances and pursuant to the law, we may be required to disclose personal information to public authorities or the police. For example, information may be disclosed to the police in case of suspicion of credit card fraud.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that contracted service providers to whom we disclose your personal information comply with the Australian Privacy Principles.
MARKETING AND SURVEYS
From time to time PM Group sends marketing material, special offers, customer surveys and service reminders to our customers and to people who have provided their details to us. Surveys help us to improve our products and services and tailor the products and services we offer you.
If you do not wish to receive customer surveys or marketing materials from us please contact our Privacy Officer using the details at the end of this policy. If you choose not to receive any marketing materials from us, you may miss out on specials we offer on products and services.
The information that we collect depends upon where you travel within our sites. Anytime that you visit our sites to browse, we collect and store the name of the domain and host from which you access the internet (for example, msn.com, aol.com, etc.); the internet protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the browser software you use and your operating system; the date and time you access our site; and the internet address of the website from which you linked directly to our site.
"Cookies" may also be used to facilitate access to these sites. "Cookies" are small files that are transferred to your hard drive for record keeping purposes. They allow the tracking of visits and the compilation of statistical data.
We use this information for statistical purposes such as measuring the number of visitors to areas of our site, to help make our site more useful and interesting to our visitors, and to provide advertising to you that we think you may be most interested in.
If you do not wish this information to be collected via "Cookies", most browsers allow you to deny "Cookies" if you wish. Please note, however, that "Cookies" may need to be enabled for some web site features to function correctly.
ACCESSING AND REQUESTING CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have a right to access personal information held about you subject to some exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to access the personal information that PM Group holds about you, please contact our Privacy Offer using the details at the end of this policy
We take reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If any of the personal information you have provided to us changes or you find that any of the information we have collected is inaccurate, please provide us with the details so we can update our records.
We may change this policy. If we do so, we will contact you, if necessary, at the email address you provide to us. In addition, we will place the new policy on our websites.
If you have any concerns about the way your personnel information is managed by us or you believe a breach of your privacy rights has occurred, please contact our Privacy Officer using the details at the end of this policy.
If you would like further information about the way we manage personal information or wish to contact us regarding any privacy matter, please contact our Privacy Offer
PM Group, 855 Nepean Highway, Bentleigh VIC 3204
Ph: (03) 9358 3133